The Zombies are Back!
|The Zombie Virus is approaching Canton Georgia once again, and it promises to hit the town bigger and bolder than last year! Those already infected are becoming Zombies and will Run, Walk and Ride to the city center from multiple areas of the infected zone. The Zombies are organizing themselves at a 5K Zombie Fest Run the night before (Friday, Oct 3) in Hobgood Park and the Daryl Dixon wannabes are congregating on Saturday for a motorcycle ride that will bring them right into the middle of the Zombie Fest event. So what’s our plan? What are we going to do with a city full of zombies, zombie hunters and other assorted humans? WE'RE GOING TO PARTY! Just check out some of last year’s pics below to see how we do a main street Zombie Apocalypse the right way! And, check out the list of this year’s event activities below! And most of all, BE PREPARED! It’s coming, and you don’t want to miss it!
|Follow us on:
Event Date & Schedule
Saturday, October 4, 2014
There are multiple Free parking locations in close proximity of Downtown Canton.
Zombie Fest Main Event on Saturday, October 4th beginning at 5:00pm
$5 Donation at the Gate
What to Expect:
- Zombie Response Unit Show
- Little Zombies Inflatable Zone
- Ghost Tours in the Old Cemetery with free Zombie Fest Flashlight (tickets $10.00)
- Live Bands (as opposed to dead bands) Featuring Red Tyde Rising and Drivewire.
- Zombie Transformation Stations – have your Zombie makeover for only $5.00
- "Left 4 Dead 2" Tournament – spaces limited , see link for details
- Food Tents and Trucks - A variety of delights for Zombies and humans alike.
- Vendors - Collectable merchandise, prepper products, and just fun stuff!
- Free showing of Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, 5 pm, Historic Downtown Theatre
- Night of the Living Dead, $5 donation, 7 pm and 9 pm , Historic Downtown Theatre
- Costume Contest (like us on Facebook for ongoing updates)
- Brain Eating Contest (jello brains, but don’t we know a lot of humans with jello brain)
- Dancing in the Streets – Brush up on your old school thriller dance moves and join in the Thriller Flash Mob.
- See and Be Seen – By far the most fun thing to do at this event!
Zombie Fest 5K Road Race
- This event will take place the night before on Friday Night, October 3rd . Click on the 5K link here to see how you can kick this event off right, running at night with humans and zombies alike.
- Be sure not to leave the event without getting this Great looking Event T-shirt. $5 off if you order online before October 1st! Shirts are $20 at the event.
- Souvenir Cups also available at the event
Proceeds from the Festival events benefit Cherokee FOCUS and their programs and initiatives. Last year's
directly helped teens and their families in the Cherokee Youth Works program with food,
clothing, and other living needs. Thank you for helping the youth and families of Cherokee.